Lion Country Safari

Lion Country Safari 

I have decided that I am going to spend sometime dedicating articles to drive Awareness of local Wildlife Preserves. The decline in Natural Habitat for animals is at a desperate decline over the years, and although when I was younger I did not agree with Captivity, I now understand is the only way some species will be able to survive.

It is a sad sentence to say that these places are the only remainder of hope to some species. It's true, what can I say? Being a child who grew up reading books and watching documentaries about animals, this subject is always delicate to me. I can literally cry just thinking of some issues that are ongoing in the animal kingdom.

To be honest, I don't understand how some people can ignore the fact that these animals are the reason we are here today. They are pure beings, they have no malice. They are simple, yet majestic. They were here before us, they are here with us, but I do not see a future where they will be with us, if we don't do something about it. 



I'm going to kick off these series of articles with this AWESOME place;
  Lion Country Safari. 


Not only they are a preserve, but the best part about this place is that the animals are free to roam huge acres of land with no encasement. 

I mean, they are encased to their own area, but it's not like a zoo, where they have small areas to stay by. These animals interact with other animals, just like they would in the wild, allowing them to have their normal social behavior - to an extent. You will not see them hunting other animals!

This Safari is a drive through Safari, you can take your time at each showing, and park your car to the side so cars behind you can pass you by. Don't you just hate when you are trying to pass someone and they don't make space for you?! Well..... it won't happen here ;)

Moving onnnnn.... 


GUYS!

I literally had a Rhino come up to the side of my window, and it was so close, I could not get the Camera Lens to focus on him. YUP, THAT CLOSE! That's so awesome. They are the Black Rhinoceros, White Rhinoceros, Indian Rhinoceros, Javan Rhinoceros and Sumatran Rhinoceros. Fun Fact #2 : Did you guys know that the literal translation for Rhinocerous means Nose Horn?! Super cool.
Did you know that there are 5 different Specifes of Rhinoceros? White Rhino, Black Rhino, Greater one Horned Rhino, Sumatran Rhino and the Javan Rhino.
I feel blessed to be able to share such a close encounter with a species that's so rapidly dying out due to poaching. SAY NO TO POACHING! Elephants, Rhinos, Leopards, Tigers, Cheetahs, and so many more animals are dying out. Actually, 3 out 5 of the Rhino Species are endangered and the subspecies of the Western Black Rhino is now actually Extinct.  WHY? Because humans are nasty, greedy creatures. That's why. 

In a more upbeat note... 
Lion Country Safari will give you a CD to play in your car while you are driving around.
Not only you get to enjoy the animals, but you can also educate yourself and whomever you go with. They share with you great facts about the animals, and it makes you feel even more connected to them.

To top it all off, you have a walking park, where you can enjoy activities, encounters and feeding Giraffes! Unfortunately when I went, the Giraffes weren't eating anymore :( but that's ok! Next time I see a Giraffe, I hope it's in the wild, observing them at their best. Did you guys know that Giraffes can't cough? Giraffes Lungs and Epiglottis are too far apart, and coughing would have no effect on them. Last Fun fact of the post! 

I hope you guys enjoyed it, have a lovely weekend! 


Comments

Popular Posts